If you are looking for garage door options, you have a few choices to look at in terms of material. There are wooden garage doors, but they are expensive and require more maintenance, and then are metal garage doors that are usually made out of steel, which, while durable, is really heavy. This is where a third option comes in, and that is aluminum garage doors. If you want to look into different design options in any of these materials, you can visit Spark Garage Doors and see what they have to offer.
However, if you are interested in knowing more about aluminum garage doors, you can go through the list of pros and cons we have listed down below.
- Aluminum is not as heavy as steel or wood, making the garage door installation process much easier. It also ends up lasting longer because of this since the light weight does not put as much strain on the tracks or the springs unlike with other materials.
- Aluminum can easily be embossed since it is not as tough as steel, so you also end up getting a lot of design options as well.
- Another major advantages of aluminum is that it is natural resistant to rust and corrosion. It already has a layer that prevents any oxidation from happening, hence, increasing our garage door’s overall lifespan.
- Since aluminum happens to be softer than steel and a lot of other metals, it makes it more vulnerable to damage. So, a car hit, a stray ball, hail etc. can end up causing dents and damage to the garage door which will need to get professionally fixed, costing you a lot more money.
- If you happen to live in areas that happen to have very hot summers, it can end up affecting the durability of the aluminum.